Despite all the news about support being cut during the recession, if you are an adult carer, there is someone out there who can help and guide you.
St John Ambulance provided an excellent day in Dorchester as part of their Carers Support Programme. This included workshops and networking opportunities with a wide range of voluntary organisations. I am always amazed at the number and variety of support groups there are in the County.
If you are a full or part time Carer, whether for a loved one or a friend, then you are not alone. Here are just a few:
- Dorset County Council Adult Services: www.dorsetforyou.com/adultcarers
- Carers UK: www.carersuk.org/
- Help and Care: www.helpandcare.org.uk/
- Memory Advisory Service – Age UK: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parkinson’s UK: email email@example.com
- St John Ambulance Carers Support Programme www.sja.org.uk
- and many more……..