Coaching for Success
Coaching is a powerful development tool to unlock people’s inner potential and capability through one-to-one insightful conversations. It enables them to focus on and improve those aspects of their work which will have most impact on their productivity. The power of performance coaching is being recognised and utilised by many companies. It does require specialist skills to work effectively.
This very practical four day course will provide an introduction to coaching for managers and the key skills to achieve more. Having managers that can effectively coach their team will enable you to have greater business success and long-term personal development in your people.
The programme will:
- Give your managers the competence and confidence to coach members of their team
- Enable them to increase their own self awareness and self development
- Enhance their performance management skills
- Improve the long term productivity and development of their team
What you will learn;
- Definition of coaching and its power to bring about change
- The importance of the coaching contract and setting expectations
- How to step from manager to coach
- Good practice for workplace coaching
- Improved communication skills
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- The power of beliefs and their effect on performance
- Techniques to establish and gain commitment to change
- Evaluating and planning the use of resources
- Recording and assessing learning
- Reviewing progress
- Confidence to undertake coaching at work
- Aspects for your own personal development.
Delegates are expected to undertake a minimum of six hours coaching practice in work as part of the programme. Each delegate will also receive two hours of one-to-one tutorial (either face to face or by telephone/email).
"Coaching has empowered me to develop, motivate and challenge individuals and the team; and support them in finding their own solutions to move forward. I cannot recommend this highly enough; it has been an amazing journey."
Rohaise Rose-Bristow, Director, The Torridon