Date(s) - 4 Sep 2018 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Aylott Room (click for address & map
For more detail contact:
Rosie Barfoot on 01305 261540 or email here
Being assertive is a key skill for anyone wanting to build sound relationships and achieve more. This participative workshop will enable you to improve your ability to be assertive in all areas of your life. It involves improving your self-esteem and the control you have over situations, thereby allowing you to have satisfactory interactions and relationships with others.
WHY BEING ASSERTIVE IS IMPORTANT
There can be a misperception of what assertiveness is, yet it impacts on all our relationships. Assertiveness is the art of expressing yourself clearly and firmly, acknowledging the needs and values of others while being true to your own. It leads to an honest, open and direct expression of your point of view, whilst at the same time shows that you understand the other person’s position. Central to genuine assertiveness is empathy – understanding and respecting yours and the other person’s point of view. Assertive people tend to be relatively self assured and confident; without being arrogant or aggressive. This workshop provides the opportunity to:
- Improve your ability to be assertive in all areas of your life.
- Not feel guilty or frustrated after certain encounters.
- Have the ability to say no when required.
- Improve self esteem and confidence to handle difficult situations.
- Improve listening skills in relation to assertiveness.
- Understand the role of empathy in being assertive and what is involved.
- Have better working and personal relationships.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define assertiveness and the skills required.
- Identify the benefits of being assertive.
- Improve your assertive behaviour.
- Defining assertive behaviour and benefits.
- Identifying the skills required.
- Why we behave the way we do.
- Building self esteem.
- Listening skills and communication.
- The power of empathy.
- Putting it into practice.
Investment is £150 per person inclusive of delivery, materials and pre and post course briefings.
If being assertive is something you require or you would like further information, please contact us.
PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS’ COMMENTS
“Action packed, down to earth plain speaking, attention grabbing good sense day…..An excellent & full day of helpful concern… I felt the smallness of the group enabled us to work together with confidence… All very relevant and thought provoking”
To check availability and secure your place contact:
Ken Barfoot on 01305 261540 or email here